New York Places

The last in the New York series I think, especially since all eyes on Annapolis conference as of now (although what am I going to do with the other 400+ photos?). So, in no particular order, above is a shot of the southern tip of Manhattan taken from the return trip on the Staten Island Ferry. This wonderful shimmering effect should have been something that I composed but is actually the result of poor focus and lack of camera stability.


Don't remember where I took this, possibly in the now gentrified Lower East Side or thereabouts. Some people find the fire escapes romantic but I couldn't figure out why they didn't put them on the back of the buildings.



This was taken in Williamsburg. Note the ad, selling Brooklyn real estate, that says 'Manhattan is so 5 minutes ago'.


Lower Manhattan with Brooklyn Bridge in the foreground. Being based in Brooklyn gave me a different perspective on New York, one shared by the majority of New Yorkers who don't live in Manhattan but in one of the other boroughs, each of which is a large city in its own right (Brooklyn would be the 4th biggest city in the US if it wasn't part of NYC).


And finally, entering the 'Comme Les Garcons' boutique in the old meatpacking district which is now the home of shops selling T shirts for $400. They've artistically left the grungy exteriors intact. I could go on and on but I guess the other photos will have be posted in another lifetime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Unfinished Apartheid Thriller

Zoltan Kluger